Shawn and I went on a babymoon to Tulum when I was pregnant with Juliette, and although I couldn’t drink margaritas it was amazing and a good choice as we are now in a Zika-era where a Mexican babymoon would be baadddddd. This time around (ahem, our last time around) we needed something a bit easier, shorter, and CDC-approved as we were leaving our two-year old with my parents.
- we obviously took the 30-min drive to Joshua Tree and did a few mini-hikes there, the gift shop is great! BONUS there is a Sonic on the way!
- I much-preferred the Palm Canyon hiking, which was really flat, pretty, and more of a lovely dessert walk that called for snacks, we did the Murray Trail
- We took a few strolls through the shops on Palm Canyon Drive which was a lot of gift-type stores and that gourmet market I mentioned: On the Mark Fine Foods and Provisions
- The El Paseo Shopping in Palm Dessert was more outdoor mall-like, which was fun because Shawn and I never go shopping together anymore and we spent more than a few dreamy minutes in their Tesla dealership
- my favorite meal was brunch at the Colony, followed by brunch at the Avalon
- we stayed (with points!) at the Riviera, which was really nice but I would probably pick a smaller place next time
- we loved our fancy, adult steak dinner at Mr. Lyons (get the onion rings)
- the popsicles at Jus Chillin’ on Palm Canyon Drive are totally worth a stop